Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another First Time Event!!!!






Last weekend I was blessed with watching Matthew & Olivia Marie overnight Sat. and for part of Sunday. They were so good even though Matthew wasn't feeling the best, they played very well together.. I thought that it would be fun and really nothing to take them both to church with me. I never though it through..

I get them both ready and out to the car and buckled into their car seats and off we head to church.. I thought to myself this isn't so bad, so I look around to see how they are doing and Olivia Marie has somehow gotten her sweater off, both socks and was working on her headband.. I finally make it to church and decide to get Matthew out first beacause I knew that I had to almost redress Olivia. Well, Matthew decides that he want me to hold him and he starts to cry. I get Olivia back into shape and pick up Matthew, and then grab Olivia when I realize that I forgot to get the diaper bag from the front seat. I finally get all loaded up and into the church and it suddeny hit me like a ton of bricks that I was doing this alone, without my helper. I started crying and couldn't help myself. Randy Dunn was inside the door and quickly came to my rescue and helped me get into church.

Later while church is going on Matthew was playing with my keys that were hooked onto the diaper bad, and Randy Dunn slips up to me and says " Net your car alarm is going off", Matthew had hit the alarm button and unknown to me my horn was just a honkin...

Thanks to Mary Jane for watching Olivia Marie for me while I was watching Matthew. Between all of us it was a pretty good day.

Not sure when I will try that again but I'm sure I will and maybe be more together with it... I do love those grandkids....

2 comments:

Karen Walden said...

You did a fine job last Sunday with your two grandkids! Kind of gives you a taste of what it would be like to have twins! :o)

Bring them back sometime! We'll be glad to help ya!

Unknown said...

LOL! That would be an undertaking! :) Worth it though!