Thursday, February 10, 2011

Birthday Wishes




28 years ago today I was in room 206 at Columbus Regional Hospital getting ready to embark on a new adventure in my life.. Looking back now I was so unprepared and had no idea what I was doing. The only thing that I knew was that I couldn't wait to see if I was blessed with a boy or a girl..

The weather as I recall was cold and snowing. After our bundle of joy was born, I still remember how her Daddy took her over to the window and said "It's a cruel world out there", I also remember the nurse asking me what her name was to be and I proudly replied, Katressa Dawn Killinger, and the nurses response to that was "Good Lord, she will have to have a college degree to even spell her name.. Obviously, my nurse wasn't impressed, but I thought that was the most beautiful name that I had ever heard. (and I still do)...

From the day we brought our beautiful Katressa home, she slept all night. She always loved books and had a Sears catalog in her playpen that she would spend long periods of time just looking at the pictures..

It seems that time flew by and as no surprise to me, she turned into one sweet young lady that has many wonderful qualities. I hope that she knows just how much that I love her.. I want to thank her for being such a special daughter..

Happy Birthday Katressa..I love you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Katressa!

Sheila said...

Happy birthday to Katressa also! I remember you bringing her to just when she was just a few days old! And I do remember her being a good baby. She has turned into a sweet daughter & wonderful Mommy. You should be proud!

Karen Walden said...

(If I am recalling correctly, Katressa delivered Olivia in room 206 as well! A different OB unit, but still at CRH!) :)

She was an adorable baby girl! My favorite picture of her was in a light purple dress with that white easter hat! Adorable!!!

Happy Birthday Katressa! You are a beautiful girl and a great mommy! Hope you have a great birthday!

Beautiful post Annette!!!

Aunt Vi said...

"Belated" HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Katressa. Hope your birthay was extra special, just like you are. Luv ya lots, Aunt Vi