Saturday, February 19, 2011

Never judge a book by it's cover.....

Funny how you see people that you have known for years and even had several conversations with them but when you get them in a different setting you find out they are "totally different from what you thought"... This became true tonight for me with some ladies from my church..

I received an invitation to a ladies get together of fun,food and games in the home of Miss. Janet Burton. She had also invited some other ladies from our church, and to be honest I almost didn't go, for the simple fact this was another "new chapter" of changes for me in my new single status. I really was toying with the idea whether to go or not, even while Kyle was driving me to Janet's house. So I go to the door shaking inside and tearing up a little when I was greeted at the door and walked inside..Well NOTHING could have prepared me for what I was about to embark upon..

Those women were CRAZY......... We enjoyed some very good food and conversation in general which wasn't too bad THEN they whipped out the GAMES and then THEY CHANGED.... Did I mention those women went CRAZY??


Gaye & Diane were hilarious, it was fun to see two christian sisters having so much fun with each other, Judy on the other hand was the life of the party and that is all I will say.. Rebekah was out of control, I NEVER knew that girl would be so funny and Janet what can I say except that if you EVER play games with Janet NEVER and I repeat NEVER wear your hair down, if you have any doubts just ask Diane she can tell you.. I never heard such hilarious things by just using 5 words in my life, Janet definitely has an active imagination.. I found the evening to be really nice and found myself sad it had to end.

Not only was it a night of laughter but also a time for sharing spiritual things with each other.. I found out "new things" are ok..

Thanks Janet for inviting me, I had a GREAT time..

3 comments:

Karen Walden said...

That's great that you had so much fun!!! Glad you went! I can only imagine the craziness at her house last night... :)

Lady J said...

I am so glad you walked through my door! I tell my students-when I work, I work and when I play I play. It is wonderful to be able to have good clean fun with friends. We'll have to do it again sometime.

Sherry said...

Wish I could of been there. I have known Rebekah since she was a little girl and she is VERY funny! That is if you are talking about Rebekah W.