Saturday, August 9, 2008

Prayer Request.

Last week I mentioned an urgent request. I didn't feel up to talk about, we were still getting used to the idea ourselves. A week ago on Thursday Harold was called to a meeting at work and was told that his job was being eliminated, due to company down-sizing. He had no idea and neither did his boss. The company had been bought-out at the end of last year, we were curious what sort of changes would be made, not expecting anything this drastic. Katressa is getting married in a matter of weeks, and our first grandbaby is due soon also. Please pray that God will send something soon. I keep singing that phrase "God is working out his purpose". We would appreciate our friends helping us touch heaven on this matter.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

This chorus comes to my mind, Annette:

"He’s already in your tomorrow, He’s walking one step ahead.
Whether it’s joy or it’s sorrow, He’ll do just what He said.
He’ll never leave you lonely in the land of the great unknown.
He’s already in your tomorrow so don’t be afraid to keep pressing on."

Isn't it comforting to know HE has already been in your tomorrow and is taking care of you and Harold no matter how bleak things may seem. We'll be praying for you..!! Keep your chin up!

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Boy, do we know what it feels like to be out of a job!!! Then Wes got one and was out of that one too! Guess God had a better one in mind...I always kept singing the chorus that has become a favorite at church: "God says you're gonna make it!"

Nettie's Nook said...

Girls, thanks for your words of encourgement. You will never know what they mean to me....

Angie D said...

The Davis Clan is praying! God is big enough, Annette.

Karen Walden said...

So sorry to hear about Harold's job. We will be praying that he will find something soon!

Sherry said...

We will keep you in our prayers. As soon as I saw that post I went home and called mom. Told her I did not know the details or anything but you needed prayer and she said she would sure be praying.
btw--love love love the new look!

Amy Shearer said...

Sorry to hear about Harold's job. Lately the Lord has shown me time and time again how when we see things as they are, we get so discouraged but He reminds me again and again to "look up, things greater are yet to come!" I'll help you pray!

Peggy B. said...

So sorry to hear about the job loss. We too have been through something very similiar and it is quite scary. But God ALWAYS supplied our needs (maybe not wants) and we always made it. Also, since Mark died I have been through more scary things than I even want to think about, and I can guarantee you God will take care of you. I am reminded many times in the scriptures, not to worry. Slowly, I am learning.
(Sorry for the book)