Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thinking of you today!

If my Mother was posting this she could give you ALL the details, but since she isn't I will tell you what I know about it! Today Feb.28, 1952 my oldest sister was born, Diane Elaine was the name that she was given. (not fair she got a pretty name)! She was one of those lucky people that was born on leap year. She used to tell me that she only aged every four years, as a kid I didn't know any better! She was a very special lady. I remember that after she got married and moved away she would have us out for supper or Angie & I would stay overnight, she could make fried chicken like Mom (another talent I didn't aquire) and she made wonderful meatballs. She like to sew and do crafts. I still have a jacket that she made for me, I just can't part with it. Diane's favorite flower was yellow roses. Too soon she was taken from us and part of our family has never been the same. I just wanted to take a moment to remember her and express my feelings. I still miss you Sis, and wish you could have had the chance to meet my family!

9 comments:

Sheila said...

Sweet memories, Annette.

I remember Diane! She was a quiet girl & I didn't get to know her very well. It sounds like she was quite the talented lady!

Nettie's Nook said...

I know that it has been a long time but I still miss her. I guess that is how it suppose to be. She was just so young and poor Chastity having to grow up without her Mother. I know that there was a reason for this. We just have to trust God.

Anonymous said...

Parting is such a sad thing. May God grant a gentle peace in your heart today. You're all in my thoughts & prayers daily. I miss & love you all!!!

Karen Walden said...

What a sweet post to honor your sister! It's hard to understand why things like this happened. Seems like the Thompson family was hit pretty hard with losing one child. Like Mark Lowry says....Someday we'll be able to ask God... "What were ya thinking???" :)

A Peek Into My Life said...

What a sweet post about Aunt Diane..............! I have some memories of her but not too many. I was only five when our family lost her.

Anonymous said...

I remember Diane very well. I have some fond memories of her as well. My brothers and her were very close friends. I remember her and Marsha coming to our house.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

There are no words to express the void created by the absence of our departed loved ones. None. We have the faith and belief that we will be reunited in heaven. What a plan!
Love to all

Dorcas said...

I remember several years ago you telling us about her. I'm glad you have good memories of her!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette. Do you have an e-mail address? You can call me with it instead of putting it on here. Thanks. Luv you!