Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday at Bethel Church..





Harold & I were asked to help decorate the church for our Easter service. Harold built the tomb. The drywall was donated by a very dear friend of ours, and Harold was able to find wallpaper that looked like stone and so he went to work and came up with a very nice tomb. I found ivy & wisteria in my stash of craft stuff and Sis. Shockley & I went to work with the very careful advise from Adam. We stayed at the church until midnight friday night and decided to take a break from it until the next day. Saturday morning I decorated around the cross with the tulips that were left. It was beautiful to see and to smell. They had 45 flowers total. 39 in memory of loved ones passed and 5 in honor of others. It really made Calvary seem so real. What love the Savior had for us.

5 comments:

Vi said...

What a great job you all did on the tomb. Such talent!! We did the " 7 Last Words" cantata on Palm Sunday. I know what you mean when you felt like you were there. Go on our church web & see our cross we decorated last Sat for Easter ( www.bellevuepresbyterian.org

Nettie's Nook said...

I will do that

Karen Walden said...

You all did a great job decorating the church for Easter! It was beautiful!!!! Thanks for all of your hard work. I saw Harold's truck there tonight as well, probably tearing it all down!

Jimm said...

You all did a beautiful job! Behold, such talent!! Do hire out?
LOL, Jimm and Cheryl

A Peek Into My Life said...

It looks very pretty!!!!!!!! Good job!!!